At Wykeham Primary School, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect everyone who work in our school to share this commitment. All staff are encouraged to have an attitude of ‘it could happen here’.
Our safeguarding procedures include:
- ensuring children within our school are kept safe from harm and abuse;
- ensuring all adults, in this school, have been properly vetted and cleared as suitable to work and support children in our care;
- ensuring that all adults who have contact with children in school have been trained to undertake their safeguarding responsibilities effectively; and
- ensuring all stakeholders are able to put the welfare of the children first without concern that there will be any negative consequences attached to their actions.
Wykeham Primary School participates in the Operation Encompass project which is an early information sharing partnership between the police and education that enables schools to offer support for children experiencing domestic abuse.
- Operation Encompass will notify the school's Designated Safeguarding Leads, that a child attending the school has been exposed to, or involved in a domestic abuse incident. This will usually be done by the start of the next school day, after the police have attended the child’s home or have been involved in a domestic abuse incident, that the child has experienced.
- The Designated Safeguarding Leads can then use the information that has been shared, in confidence, to support the wellbeing of the child.
For any queries relating to safeguarding, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries or matters concerning safeguarding outside school hours or in the school holidays, please contact Brent Family Front Door by calling 020 8937 4300 (option 1) to discuss your concern. If you are calling outside normal office hours (9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.) please call the emergency duty team on: 020 8863 5250.
We have a number of policies and procedures that contribute to our safeguarding commitment and some of these can be viewed below or on the policies page.
Please click on the links below to view our Safeguarding Policies:
Other Useful Information
Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2023 Part 1. Please click here if you wish to to read this in different languages.
Click on the image below to access Childline website
Click here to access the NSPCC website and on the image below for advice on the Underwear Rule.
Click here to find out how to have 'Simple conversations to keep your child safe from abuse'.
Click on the image below to access the Place2Be page on this website.
Click here to access information from Place2Be on support for parents and carers.