Wykeham Primary School is in an inner city area in the London Borough of Brent with an intake of 512 pupils between the ages of three and eleven from a wide and diverse community. It has two forms of entry except in two year groups where there are three forms of entry. There are 65 pupils attending Nursery which consists of both full-time and part-time places. We have our own swimming pool, a spacious Computing Suite with 3D facilities, a well-resourced library, sports field and gardening area.
Sixty pupils (11.7%) are on the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities register with thirteen pupils (2.5%) having an Educational Health and Care Plan. 66% of pupils are eligible for Free School Meals. For pupils entitled to the Universal Free School Meals in Key Stage 1, 96.6% receive this. 75% pupils speak English as an additional language. The main languages, other than English, spoken by our pupils are Somali and Arabic. Over thirty different languages are spoken in the school.
Wykeham Primary School is an outstanding school. The summary from our latest report (March 2015) includes the following statements:
- Pupils achieve extremely well.
- All groups of pupils make rapid progress, often from low starting points.
- The most able pupils achieve exceptionally well.
- Teaching over time is of a very high quality.
- The management of teaching is of high quality.
- Provision in early years is excellent.
- The school promotes its values very strongly.
- The headteacher, governors and other leaders have a united vision to give all pupils the best chances in life through education.
- Pupils' behaviour is outstanding.
- Pupils' high achievement and excellent behaviour are rooted in confident self-belief.
- Pupils' safety is extremely secure.
- The required improvements identified in the previous inspection have been successfully carried out.
Please click here for the full Ofsted report.
Please click here to view the school's dedicated page on the Government's Schools Financial Benchmarking service. Please follow the prompts.
There are no individuals at Wykeham Primary School who earn over £100,000.